Despite the power of digital marketing in all its forms, direct mail marketing can still work very well to promote your business. Although it generally takes an average of 17 days from inception before your customers will get your mail piece via snail mail, there is still a guarantee that information about your business will make it into the hands of customers in a physical form.
MCE123 can design, print, assemble, and mail your marketing materials to anywhere in the world, and we have experience sending out marketing mail pieces that are pre-sorted to save postage. We can send out restaurant menus, postcards, brochures, catalogs, and much more.
Maximizing Direct Mail Marketing
Here are a few things to consider when developing your direct mail marketing strategy:
- Mail pieces with personalization, such as including the customer's name or other personalized information in the contents, using a font that looks like real handwriting on the envelope, and even placing the stamps on crooked, can all increase the success of the direct mail campaign.
- Customers are trained to look for automated processes in their mail. When they see it and it serves them no benefit, they will generally throw it away. Because of this, metered mail - even though the cost is less - can be less successful than stamped mail, depending upon the type of mail piece.
- Although there has been a decline in popularity of direct mail marketing over the past 10 years, there is higher engagement today because of less junk mail.
- The success of a direct mail campaign is based on the business intelligence behind the campaign. Business intelligence involves selection of the target market and the contents of the direct mail piece. If business intelligence is low, you'll see little to no benefit from the direct mail campaign.
- Oversized envelopes can contribute to greater success with direct mail campaigns.
Direct mail, combined with online engagement such as a call to action to visit a website for a specific function, can be very successful if paired with a well targeted audience. MCE123 would love to be a part of your effective direct mail campaign. Contact us today for a consultation.